Together with our guidebooks this constitutes a definitive guide to climbing in Northumberland and provides the most regularly updated information about all aspects of rock-climbing in the North East area of England and the borders of Scotland.
This guide compliments the definitive guides "Northumberland Climbing Guide" and "Northumberland Bouldering" both published by the NMC.
- The contractors conducting the felling have either ‘got behind’ or under estimated the volume of work involved and are going to be working Saturdays. So, until the works are concluded, which is estimated to be the end of October, it is Sundays only at Kyloe In. As ever avoid any machinery and log piles when you’re in there.
- Timber operations have commenced in front of Kyloe In. This work restricts access to the crag during the week. Access at the weekends is OK. The work should be finished by the end of October, until then do not visit the crag during weekdays. While it’s stating the obvious, be careful around the log stacks and avoid any equipment etc.
- Queens access access as previously described is OK. One of the residents in the bungalows is the suspected source of the ‘rumour’. The requirement to call in at the farm remains waived. There are two areas to park at. The first is on the level ground before the descent to the gate, the second after the gate. Either can be used.
- Report that the ‘Landowner’ rather than the farmer at Queens Crag is going to start clamping cars, access rep investigating. In the interim please do not go to Queens Crag.
- Lots of cattle and calves in the field on way to Back Bowden. Be very careful when crossing with bouldering pads!
|Aid||Back Bowden Doors||Back Harbottle Crag||Beanley|
|Boyes Quarry||Bradys Crag||Broomlea Lough (Dove Crag)||Callaly|
|Caller Crag & Boulders||Callerhues||Carrow Rigg Gash||Cartington|
|Causey Quarry||Cawfields||Church Rock||Cloudy Crags|
|Coe||Coquet View||Corbies Fortress (Corbies Crag)||Corby's Bridge|
|Corbys Crags||Corbys East||Crag Lough (High Shield Crag)||Crag Point|
|Drake Stone||Dunsdale||East Woodburn (Staniel Heugh)||Edlingham|
|Ellis||Fox Holes||Garleigh (Gnarly) Crags||Gimmerknowe Rocks|
|Goats Buttress||Goatscrag||Great Dour||Great Wanney|
|Greenleighton Old Quarry||Hangmans Rock||Hard Heugh||Harehope Canyon (Dove Crag)|
|Harehope Quarry||Hareshaw Linn||Hartburn Dene||Heckley|
|Henhole||Hepburn Woods||High Countess||Hound Dene|
|Housey Crags||Howlerhirst||Huel||Hunterheugh Crag|
|Jack Rock||Jesmond Dene||Keb Crag (Lowshieldgreen Crag)||Kyloe In (Dues Heugh)|
|Kyloe Out (Collar Heugh)||Langlee Crags||Lemmington Woods||Linshiels 1 (Cove Crag)|
|Linshiels 3 (Long Crag)||Little Wanney||Lookwide & Carr Edge||Maiden Chambers|
|Main Stone||Old Stell||Oxen Wood||Paddaburn|
|Peel Crag||Queens Crag||Ratcheugh||Raven Crag - Kyloe|
|Ravens Crag - Bowden||Ravensheugh||Ray||Redheugh|
|Rothbury Quarry||Rothley Crags||Rumbling Kern||Sandy Crag (Key Heugh)|
|Selbys Cove||Shaftoe||Ship Rock||Shitlington|
|Simonside||South Yardhope||Spindlestone Heugh||Stell Crag|
|Swinburne Old Quarry||The Mount||The Tipalt (Collar Heugh Crag)||Thrum Mill|
|Thrunton Crag||Tosson Pillar||Vindolanda||Walltown|
|Whin Crag||White House Rocks||Whitefield Edge|