Together with our guidebooks this constitutes a definitive guide to climbing in Northumberland and provides the most regularly updated information about all aspects of rock-climbing in the North East area of England and the borders of Scotland.
This guide compliments the definitive guides "Northumberland Climbing Guide" and "Northumberland Bouldering" both published by the NMC.
Edit and use Northumberland Climbing
- Northumberland Climbing is now ready for testing.
- The road that passes Bowden and which we usually approach the crag from is closed until the 27th July.
- Note: MediaWiki 1.33.x versions are now end of life.
- 2020-05-09 to 2020-05-10
- Wikimedia Remote Hackathon 2020 (online)
- Note: The Wikimedia Technical blog has been launched.
- Full area map
- Takeaway guides are available for all of the minor crags with recorded routes
- Additional information on the major crags
- First Ascent details, where known
- New routes and problems
- Details of some routes which never made it into the guidebooks
- Photos, including 1st ascent photos
- Up to date access information, maintained by the BMC access rep
- Camp sites
- "The crags before the climbers" - the archaeology of the crags, by Derek Cutts
- SSSI status of all crags is shown.