Northumberland climbing wiki
Welcome to The Northumberland Climbing Wiki
Together with our guidebooks this constitutes a definitive guide to climbing in Northumberland and provides the most regularly updated information about all aspects of rock-climbing in the North East area.
This guide compliments the definitive guides "Northumberland Climbing Guide" and "Northumberland Bouldering" published by the NMC.
- Full area map
- Takeaway guides are available for all of the minor crags with recorded routes
- Additional information on the major crags
- First Ascent details, where known
- New routes and problems
- Details of some routes which never made it into the guidebooks
- Photos, including 1st ascent photos
- Up to date access information, maintained by the BMC access rep
- Camp sites
- "The crags before the climbers" - the archaeology of the crags, by Derek Cutts
- SSSI status of all crags is shown.
|Crag Name||Aspect||Routes||Average Length|
|Back Bowden Doors||West||88||10m|
|Back Harbottle Crag|
|Jesmond Dene||South & West||6||2m|